Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] Itc...Hugh

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:00:55 +1300

ouch, sorry Bob, I did say I think it performs a useful economic
function in mobilising capital for technological breakthroughs
and I think its 4 underlying projects sound encouraging -
I was trying to stir the management to do something for the
forgotten shareholders.
It is possible in various ways, its just that the management has never
bothered to even think about it, to think outside the square.
Maybe its the function of the Chairman who should be thinking
at a higher overall level to develop a strategy of shareholder
rewards. Take the much abused FCL, along comes Rod Deane
and suddenly here's some Capstone shares and some Rubicon shares.
Take GPG; Sir Ron frequently comes up with concessional issues,
bonuses, even small dividends, share swaps into lucrative
debentures.
ITC? Could someone shake the CEO, he's still snoring.

cheers,
Hugh

----------

_
> http://au.yahoo.com/shopping/giftguide/christmas/jumppage.html - Yahoo!
Gift Guides
> - Looking for inspiration?

> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market
investors
> http://www.netbroker.co.nz/        Trade on Credit, Low Brokerage. Join
now.

> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.shtml.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Transcript of ITC Q&A - but where's theshareholder benefits? hugh webber