Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST

From: Lyall Taylor <lyall.taylor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:32:03 +1300

I disagree with your comic, and light-hearted approach to loosing
money.  Indeed, it is often fear of this very thing that keeps many
people out of the share market, and consequently away from potentially
rewarding investments.  For this reason, I cannot see how losing money
could do any good, but rather the contrary.  People hate, and are afraid
of loosing money, and if the do, they are more likely to swear never to
buy another share than to become more enthusiastic.

I also disagree with your apparent view that loosing money gets it out
of your system, and helps you focus.  Personally, I cannot see any
correlation between the two.  Focus, and good investment techniques are
something that should be developed before commencing trading, not
after.  Research - reading books, and dry trading should be adopted
first, so one can enter the world of trading with a decent shot at
success immediately.