Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

[sharechat] Fletcher Energy

From: "Gary Rountree" <gary.rountree@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:28:04 +1300

I'm interested in opinions selling versus holding this stock

By my workings this stock is theoretically worth $9.83 (using exchange rate of 42c,Capstone price of around USD20 - where can I find an uptodate price? and valuing Rubicom at the $1.20 in the original bulletin)
Todays price of $8.38 is at a discount of around $1.45 (17%) and for those currently selling (assuming Capstone price remains static) the currency would need to firm 17% to 49c

Presumably all the arbitragers are moving and mopping up all the depressed sales and hedging the currency. Are there any cost effective ways of achieving the hedge for a small investor?

Anyone have any views?

Regards
Gary

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Re: FFS Gerry Tyler-Smith