Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2000

Re: [sharechat] Commsoft

From: "charlie brown" <gordy_gecko@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:22:45 EST

I hope this doesn't cause offence to anyone...

but I find it so intriguing that once upon a time "Raleigh 20", roman sandal
wearing kids make the sheep like pilgrimage from school in the back blocks
of Balclutha (Kaitaia, Bluff, Auckland et al) to Varsity, complete a BCom
and/or a BA etc, head into the working world as a marketing assistant or
bean counter in Wellington (or Auckland), then head down the dreary route to
London only to look back (intermittently) at the land that gave them so many
opportunities and berate it and its people.

In the eyes of your peers, parents and friends, you'll always be the
cardigan wearing kid from Cromwell who did well, not the pin stripped suit
(now chino and polo shirt) wearing wanker that suddenly thinks he's "the
business".

Charles