Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] Student loans - Tony

From: "Adam Rands" <adam@iguana.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:24:30 +1000

sorry to continue this thread......

since when did the student loan scheme become interest free!!!!

i recall paying around 6% on my loan after i finished my studies and the rate of inflation during my studies...

things may have changed since '95.....

maybe the government should also consider giving interest free loans to new hi tech business ventures.. more upside in that than churning out more LLB and BA grads to an economy that has no jobs for them.

i paid my loan of a year ago. if the crackpot NZ govt decided to match repayments dollar for dollar or write off loans i will be the first to complain and ask for a rebate.