Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

No Subject

From: Sarah Corkill <sarahcorkill@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:54:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Sharechat does not edit or cut any of the messages people contribute to
this forum.  The only time messages have been removed from the site has
been for legal reasons such as the threat of a defamation suit.

I have been reading with interest various comments on ramping and people
'talking up' their shares.  Always remember "The market like the Lord,
helps those who help themselves.  Unlike the Lord, the market does not
forgive those who know not what they do"...... ie you should always take
all advise whether from a broker, sharechatter, taxi driver or next-door
neighbour for what it is - advise.  It is not divine guidance and should
not be seen as such.  Attach the information you've gathered to what you
already know and make up your own mind.  If the level of discussion on
this site was a direct comparison to a company's performance then AQL
would currently be worth $1 per share.

Good on you Mr Hooper for speaking your mind - I've got to agree with you
on the performance of many sound NZ companies that hardly rate a mention
most of the time.

It is unreasonable to expect everyone that participates in this forum will
agree on every topic but differing views are what make this forum
interesting, however, when attacks are of a personal nature it does taint
most readers views of the writer.

Does anyone have any predictions on the NZ market performance during the
historically infamous month of October?

Regards from England,
Sarah

Disc - my spelling is bad and my punctuation is terrible - but you get the idea.