Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: [sharechat] Student Loans

From: "David Reid" <aspex@ix.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 07:43:39 +1200

Agreed. The student loan is a hurdle in the mind for most. Based on my own two who both studied for B.Techs, the only difference was success in getting a job. My son who had a $10,000 burden, landed a job two weeks after completion and had paid off the lot in 6 months.
My daugther waited 7 months for a job and then once working, paid her $11,000 off in about the same time.
I would have more sympathy for the BA in Useless Pursuits who owes $10,000 and has great difficulty getting a well paying job, than I do with the medical grad owing $100,000 who knows they can pay it off but still thinks the community owes him/her a lifestyle befitting their future status.
David Reid

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Student loans Tony Haddon