Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: [sharechat] NZ market info

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 07:14:27 +1200

Hi Oli,

> Hi. Could someone please please help me with getting the following info?
The below may help you a bit...

Brian posted an excellent synopsis of the NZSE's shareholder suvey back in
August.  If you need a copy of the survey, Email myself or Brian.

> 1. Total NZ market capitalisation (as recent as poss)
$45,460,888,878.40 (End of August)

> 2. NZ as % of total global equity markets
I believe the figure 0.2% is right - someone may want to correct me though.

> 3. Level of direct small shareholder investment in NZ market
Refer to Shareholder Survey

> 4. Level of managed fund investment in NZ market
Refer to Shareholder Survey

> 5. Level of foreign ownership in NZ market.
Figure of 70% has been thrown around (NZ Herald).  Someone from the NZSE may
be able to confirm this though.

> 6. Level of direct small shareholder investment in US markets.
Don't know for sure - around 40-50%??

> 7. Level of foreign ownership in US market.
Don't know

> Any other stats people have along these lines would be extremely
appreciated.
I recommend that you have a read of the shareholder survey.

Best Regards

Benjamin Dutton