Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2000

[sharechat] Genesis Research

From: Robert Cox <robert_cox@icanz.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:13:11 +1200

Anyone have any ideas how to get in on this IPO.  It looks likely to open at
a premium, partly due to the closed shop set up for the offer.

There are meant to be some firm allocations to brokers, but the two brokers
I use claim not to have been given an allocation. I phoned the organising
brokers UBS, but they were not able or willing to help me getting in on this
offer.

The only other option I see is buying some of the current shares on the
unlisted market, but apparently there is a minimum parcel of 5,000 shares
which at approx $6 each is too big an investment for me.

Any ideas anyone, or anyone know which brokers have allocations going?
Regards
Robert