Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2000

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] RMG, where have the fans gone

From: Roy <baldman@internet-auditor.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:51:44 +1200

"Brian It' s nice to know others are having the same thoughts as myself. The game of chess is an excellent analogy of the markets. "

The chess analogy assumes a contest between two players with a winner and a loser.
Of course the market introduces the concept of two winners or two losers? Remembering that for every buyer their is a seller.

For example this morning opened (again) to a large seller of FFS. They may have been a winner by getting money for another investment, pay their bills etc. The buyers may have been winners by getting access to shares at a price lower than they may have expected. (including me:)

Unlike chess the market is a living breathing thing with changes of sentiment happening all the time.
Just look at the history graphs of any of our main shares. They show reasonably wild swings up & down as events and sentiments fluctuate.

Hey, I'm not complaining you understand. The swings and roundabouts are a fertile ground for traders to help pay for the "big toys" and keep the adrenalin buzz happening :) :)

But please don't ascribe a grand plan to whats happening!

"I Trade therefore I am"
Zen Trader philosophy

Roy

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] RMG, where have the fans gone? Moose