Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2000

Re: [sharechat] RMG, where have the fans gone?

From: Brian Gale <brigale@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:01:30 +1200

You are right, of course, Moose. The quandary for those of us who bought in
is whether to hold or sell and come back later because nothing much is
going to happen in the short term.

I often think the whole sharemarket scenario is like some obscure chess
game in which the small investor is like a pawn; where the key players the
knights, bishops and rooks ( I won't attempt to designate who's who )
dictate the action - often sweeping the little pawns off the board.  Most
of the time we are bystanders waiting to see what happens next in the
larger action or trying  to make decisions which fit in  with the game. To
make it even more difficult the big players don't always play fair or
change the rules.

Regards
Brian