Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2000

RE: [sharechat] ITC - Plan B (Singapore) share swapping announcement

From: "Wedde, John" <john.wedde@cit.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:41:15 +1200

Hi Richard
This is another example of ITC extending its networks. They've made a big
thing about this from the outset. Worldwide connections are very important
to them and here they are again being consistent with this original
philosophy.
I don't think though that you will see any great movement in the share price
because of this; although I'm not prepared to eat my hat if the price does
moves up. I believe, in terms of the "fundamental" activities of ITC
recently that we should already have seen a decent rise in the share price.
The Exonet deal was unbelievably good, a profit of  $12 million on an
investment of $1.5 million I believe the figures were, and this on total
funds of  around only  $24 million. What happened? The share price dropped!!
The stock market really is about peoples perceptions isn't it, and in this
case these perceptions appear to be totally divorced from any  "reality".
ITC will make a good profit this year, on the strength of the Exonet deal
alone. This is well in advance of  their predictions on when they would
first become profitable.
I recently topped up with ITC and am certainly remaining aboard, at least
medium term.
Cheers
John