Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] CPST/FEG

From: Chris <cd@ak.planet.gen.nz>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:30:50 +1200

Warner,

Capstone, oil price(up again), sale speculation and Wed meeting are
combining to drive FEG on.  Trouble is identifying the one or two of the
four items that are the key.  CPST is certainly riding high but value
cannot be realised due to inability to sell this interest.  Soaring oil
prices assist greatly but I have heard forward hedging at $US18 barrel
will erode  gains here.  Anybody have clarification on FEG's hedging
contracts?

I'm very keen to book some profit before Wed.  830-860 and I will be
happy.

Yes looks like an interesting week ahead.

Chris

>Should be an interesting week re: Fletchers, Wednesday 30th
>I see Capstone closed up 8.6% in the states on $82USD (on a small fall in
>Nas) and now = $662,560,000USD or at .43NZ = approx $1,550,000,000NZD. This
>adds over $100mNZD overnight and is now well over 50% of FEG's current cap.
>(more than the market cap of alot of NZSE stocks!)
>Heres to a good week.
>Warner

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] BDO Wedde, John