Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2000

[sharechat] NZSE-Real Movement

From: James Lee <James.Lee@directbroking.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:36:42 +1200

For the past year many market commentators have mentioned how our market has
not moved and that there has been such minimal growth but I was calculating
a portfolio for a family friend the other day, and it would seem that this
year has been a good year.
We have had plenty of good stocks with real growth. If we ignore our penny
tech stocks.

FEG, FFS, WHS, INL, LNN, FLP, CAV, TRH, SKC, CED, TAS, AIA, SKY, AMP, WPTCA,
are all stocks which have had very good growth spurts.

Out of our new issues GDC and FRU have been well received a little while
after listing once the staggers were removed.

The only real point of concern is the lack of conviction from our tech
stocks which seem to be a good indicator of trader confidence.  ITC EPH EFC
SMR ADV SPE EVZ are all struggling to recover even half the lost ground.
BDO was a flop and NML was not well received. RMG has had no convincing news
yet but could still yet surprise

CEN, CAH FLB AIRVA TEL GPG have all held our market back but are all quality
companies which some will argue are under valued as they did about the first
lot.

So really with such a large amount of positive news around maybe it is time
to admit that New Zealand is not a dead sharemarket, those with quality
portfolios will have received good returns this year, those with pennies
will probably made the pennies'

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: re: [sharechat] nzse-real movement Mike Hudson