Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

[sharechat] Selling on the ASX without FINs (or PIDs)

From: "Oliver Shapleski" <oliver.shapleski@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:00:31 +1200

Hi all.

I've just been wondering what to do if I've bought some ASX shares (guess!?!?) and want to sell but haven't got the paperwork yet.

The answer: If you're "Chess-sponsored", you don't need the ID numbers.  I've only gone through ASB which gives a sponsorship with Commonwealth Secs in Aus, so selling is simply done by checking a box rather than entering numbers.  What do other brokers do?

This should hopefully encourage some to go ahead with investing overseas knowing that you don't have to wait weeks for the processing and snailmail!

OS

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] WPTCA Divvy Moffats Mount Maunganui