Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2000

Re: [sharechat] Telecom

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:43:58 +1200

With the sort of news now being released about Telecom - lower
profits, more competition, big capital requirements,
cutting dividend - I got out of Telecom
a little while ago and intend staying out until they've finished
announcing the bad news including how much lower dividends
will be next year. When the muddied water clears then I might be
tempted to nibble again - in the meantime I can see it going down to
$6 again. Other Telcos around the world are in similar difficulties.
Bit of a change from my previous attitude but then we weren't into
the regular doses of bad news then.

cheers,
Hugh