Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2000

RE: [sharechat] Flying Piggy

From: "Wedde, John" <john.wedde@cit.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:36:48 +1200

Good points Phil.
I agree with what you say. E Commerce is here to stay, and Business to
Consumer stuff will happen more and more often and more and more
effectively.
Some things will always sell better over the net than others however.
Software that is downloaded electronically and requires no physical delivery
springs to mind as ideal. Dare I say it but music, as well, once we are rid
of all the copyright problems, and eventually we will be, will sell very
well over the Net. Don't write of EStar [now trading on the unlisted board
at 23 cents]
Also, let me add a few anecdotal words about  Amazon. They didn't come off
too well in the recent survey that has been referred to by various media and
discussed in Sharechat.   I have purchased books from them that are of quite
a specific nature [in fact about sailing] that would not have been
obtainable "over the counter" in NZ. I opted to have them delivered via sea
freight and this took some weeks. This was not a concern to me. The freight
component of the total price was miniscule and the total price, including
freight, for 3 books  was, I estimate,  well under 50% of what these books
would have cost here, should they have been available. In this case I am a
very satisfied customer and will no doubt  "return"  to Amazon.
Cheers,
John