Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2000

Re: [sharechat] free isp

From: "Peter Riches" <peter@peaktechnology.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:13:13 +1200

I shifted to i4free and find it fantastic. No slower than my previous expensive ISP and I haven't experienced any greater problems connecting either. You can sign up over the web and you don't need to close your current ISP account so you can try it out and go back to what you've got if you don't like it. I get my old ISP to redirect all my email so I haven't even had to change my email address. However I am aware that not all ISPs provide this redirection service.

BTW, contrary to what some people believe, you don't have to view advertisements to use most of the free ISPs (ZFree, i4Free and Freenet). I believe they are funded from the interconnection charges TEL pays to Clear.