Re: [sharechat] Self employed code.

From: Andrew Cooper <ACOOPS@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 20:32:43 +1000

Murray

Thanks for your reply.  I am not so sure you are correct I was talking about the
residual claims levy the 'tail' of old work injuries.  This is different to the
standard ACC levies.  In my case the residual claims levy is 38 cents per $100.
While previously under the old ACC act (before National government change)my ACC
levy was $2.03 .  Under private insurance this has dropped by approximately
1/3.  Most business owners I know as well as most companies have seen their
premiums under the private insurers drop substancially.  And now that
Labour/Alliance has its way putting ACC back in government hands it looks like
we will be paying more again.

So there are actually 2 lots of  levies at present i. Residual claims levy  ii.
Standard accident insurance - through At Work ( government run insurer) and 4
others (sun alliance and the like)

Regards

Andrew