Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

[sharechat] Shareholders Association

From: DARYL <DM2NZ@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:22:39 +1200

Hi All,
      Just thought I'd share an article I read in "The Australian" re-
Australian Shareholders Association.
 <"The ASA today will begin ambushing the annual meetings of dotcom
companies who overstate prospectus revenues and give inadequarte profit
projections.NRMA president Nick Whitlam will be the first target as
chairman of software investor Liberty One,whose shares have halved in
the past month.ASA deputy-chairman Ray Wagner said yesterday the boards
of dotcom companies had to back up their revenue projections and justify
their management appointments.[We will be putting them through an
iquisition etc and they will have to satisfy us that they have revenues
to keep themselves afloat and have good prospects in the not too distant
future...by that we mean 18 months to two years and not five years time]
........Cowboys are no different here than they are in the USA....the
standout opportunities of today are the dogs of tomorrow......
  Recently some questions were raised about Solution 6 managing director
Chris Taylor's past and his suitability to head the company.He has a
conviction for importing or possession of cannabis into his USA and
apparently run a company which had debts of many millions and layed off
of a few staff.
  Just thought I'd share that and start to wonder if the NZ market needs
a similar group here,considering all that has happened!!!!?????

Comments please!
Daryl

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Shareholders Association, E-ventures Chris Darby