Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] Contact Energy

From: "Chris" <crodgers@globe.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:56:12 +1200

Depends what you bought them for.  Their profitability isnt really an issue at present, although they do have concerns regarding possible liability over flood damage as discussed previously.  Generally it is just suffering like many of the other value stocks, such as NUF, GPG, the Fletchers, CAH etc etc etc.  so you may have to wait a while to see a price north of $3 again.

I cant see too much more downside - the net yield is now around 10%, isnt it?  That must start attracting retail investors' attention at some point.  One thing that concerns me, though, is the level it has drifted even with the support of the current buy-back, so maybe it can go a bit lower yet.

Sorry, not a clear-cut answer.