Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] Foreign Ownership

From: "Mark Hubbard" <mhubbard@es.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:49:58 +1200

From: ril <ril99_99@yahoo.co.uk>
To: <sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
Sent: 26 April 2000 9:35 PM
Subject: [sharechat] Foreign Ownership

> Is anyone out there even slightly concerned about the loss of ownership
> and control of your NZ companies that is occurring?
>
> AirNZ
> Lion
> Fletcher Paper
> Fletcher Forests
> Fernz
> Montana
> Brierley

No. So long as their primary objective is to increase shareholder wealth,
what does it matter who owns them?

We're thankfully a global economy now. Yes these companies may have overseas
interests controlling them, but then again, even us 'little' investors can
move our money very easily round the globe, making national borders
obsolete.  Most of my investments are outside NZ. The current govt. insists
on trying to ignore this fact (ergo tariffs, etc), and that will be to all
of our detriment.

IMHO of course.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.