Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] Bye bye Oliver

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:08:11 +1200

but Will, can't we can't complain about the public nuisance in question to
his ISP on the grounds
of abuse of the Net, spamming (continuous stream of false names and
addresses),
personal insults etc. Presumably you have been able to pick up the ISP. I'm
quite
happy to make the complaint personally or to join with hundreds of others.
I mentioned the problem to our computer guys at work and the main advice
was to
complain to the ISP along with a whole lot of technical advice on how to do
auto spam
in return which I think we should leave alone of course. When I mentioned
Felicity Cumalot
& the comment was that it was probably a pimply faced 13 year old boy.

regards,
hugh

----------
> From: Will Bryant <will@sharechat.co.nz>
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: Re: [sharechat] Bye bye Oliver
> Date: Thursday, 20 April 2000 13:01
>

> >There are ways, but they all involve doing something like making the
list
> >'closed', so that you have to be subscribed to post, and also switching
> >a messy subscription confirmation system.
> actually, since many of them are from hotmail, even a closed list
wouldn't
> help - they aren't actually fake addresses..  unfortunately the net
largely
> works on trust.  sometimes that's a misplaced..

> Will Bryant, will@core-dev.co.nz                    cell +64 21 655 443
> http://www.core-dev.co.nz/    Personal: http://www.core-dev.co.nz/will/
> ShareChat Ltd. technical manager            http://www.sharechat.co.nz/
> [PGP 0x96A7F40A, FP 827F A2A9 C718 106D 8F80  E16E A244 D5F2 96A7 F40A]

> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market
investors
> To remove yourself from this list, please us the form at
> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Free Research Report Phyllis Taylor