Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

[sharechat] the current dip in techs

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:39:46 +1200

about 3% each of the last 2 days on the NASDAQ?
plus the drift downward in NZ & Australian techs.
is this the bubble bursting or something else?

IMHO its something else.
I note a comment that its the end of the quarter/financial
year and that institutions don't want to be caught showing
speculative techs on their balance sheets that get published,
also we have the Microsoft vs Government thing and the
inexorable but slow ratchetting up of interest rates.

In that case there should start to be a return to techs next week,
with the passing of 31 March.

To the extent that there is a bursting of the tech bubble I think it
will a progressive matter as techs run out of development
phase PR rhubarb and have to start reporting firstly decent sales,
secondly decent profits and thirdly decent yields and probably
at least 50% won't be able to measure up.

What was the source of the statement that John O'Hara is not going to
be CEO Spectrum? I recall it was all very conditional on due process
on a software deal going through Ok and we seem to have been
strung along on the cash issue &.
IMHO I think Spectrum is dead in the water if they can't get J O'H
for his leadership and technical knowledge qualities.
Disclosure: I'm a Spectrum shareholder.

cheers,
hugh

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.