Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] Why neglect NZ stocks? it makes no sense

From: "Tony Haddon" <haddon@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:56:42 +1200

There are a few trading opportunities in NZ.....INL is not a trading stock. ASX is vastly bigger than NZSE, more choice, more liquidity, higher percentage of the population hold shares....I would regard say 4 NZ stocks as traders at present , vs about 50 in Oz ( no I'm not telling...do your own homework !)

I agree that a lot of NZ shares appear to be undervalued & present good buying opportunities , but for the buy & hold man rather than short term trader.

Tony Haddon