Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

[sharechat] Swift Energy

From: "Alastair Bax" <bax@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:50:27 +1200

There doesn't appear to be any comment on Swift Energy as a way to gain from the recent oil find in Taranaki. I've seen it slowly rise to $US15 over the last couple of weeks(from $US121/2). It seems to me that there is heaps of upside if they can confirm the find. I seem to remember that the NZOG people said that it costs $10/b to extract(must be cheaper onshore)If it is a $500 million company and they have even 100 million barrels of oil
at, say, $20 a barrel then that must have a huge impact on the share price. Any comments?

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Swift Energy Oliver Shapleski