Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

Re: [sharechat] network.vbs

From: "John H T Wilkinson" <jhtw@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:31:07 +1200

Hello Wilfried,

I checked my hard disk and found that I too had the file "network.vbs" sitting on my hard drive in C:\WINDOWS\SAMPLES\Wsh.

My InVircible Anti-Virus Expert System is always on alert and did not signal any warnings so I printed out that file and found it headed "Windows Script Host Sample Script", Copyright (C) 1996 Microsoft Corporation. It's purpose is to demonstrate how to use the WSHNetwork object.

Just to make sure I did not have a time bomb sitting there I took your tip and spent a couple of hours downloading and using the McAfee virus checker, which after going thru all 23,000 odd files on my computer, came up with zilch!!!

Is it possible that your network.vbs file has something wrong with it and everyone else's is OK?

Regards,
John Wilkinson

PS: 23,000 odd files !!
      Good God, where did they all come from?
      I am tempted to use some of Windows housekeeping tools but then I suspect the machine takes over and I may loose files I want to keep!
      Any suggestions anyone?