Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

Re: [sharechat] Sky City

From: Derek Watt <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 22:22:49 +1300

One possibility is that many shareholders like yourself are reluctant
to spend more money on Sky city, particularly with a falling share
price. One option is to sell enough shares to pay for the call for
the remaining shares, if everyone did this, or just sold the lot then
the share price fall is inevitable.

I had a brief look at the offering by BRY, thoughts at the time similar
to Marks. I thought BRY did well getting as much for their 65% as they did.

On the other hand many shares have fallen in the past 6 months, so
maybe part or all of the fall is just due to a depressed market.

My recommendation, if your sick of them then sell and buy FFS at ca 54c or
something similar. Some others on sharechat wouldn't recommend selling shares
when they appear historically cheap though.

Derek W

(disclaimer: These are my thoughts, I'm not a professional investor though.
I don't own sky city, I don't own Bry anymore, I own FFS)

At 01:49 PM 3/17/00 +1300, you wrote:
>   Could someone tell me why Sky City shares have plunged by  $1.40 in the
>last six months when all the apparent indicators show steadily  improving
>profits ???   I am sitting on SKCCA and am reluctant to get in deeper - the
> call is due next month.   Comments would be appreciated   Brian G.

Derek Watt
http://members.tripod.com/DKWatt/

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.