Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

[sharechat] Advice wanted on unlisted market

From: Max Vautier <mnvautier@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 01:44:30 +0000 (GMT)

I wonder whether someone can give me some advice on
the unlisted market? I know that the Craig & Craig
site provides prices of unlisted stocks but
1-How do I find the stock codes?
2-Do other sites provide regular updates on unlisted
stock prices?
3-Can I do online trading on other sites using the
unlisted stock codes, or do I have to go through a
broker?
4-Does the unlisted market operate on the same
buy/sell principles as the open market i.e. when you
sell, you only need to provide your fin/holder number
or are there any other rules, regulations,handicaps or
frustrations I should be aware of if I intend to trade
on the unlisted market?
As I am new to the trading game, I would be grateful
if someone can offer me with some advice. Thanks

Max