Re: [sharechat] Bliss-Ecommerce-AQL

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:05:18 +1300

That may be true, but isn't "Venice" actually an Advantage Group project?
>From their website:

"Advantage Adds Business Portal   09/12/1999

Auckland - 9 December 1999 - Advantage Group (NZSE: ADV) unveiled advanced
plans for New Zealand's first Internet procurement service.
Code-named Venice, the portal will target New Zealand's 246,000 small- and
medium-sized businesses, helping them increase efficiency and reduce
operational costs by streamlining purchasing over the Internet. As a
business supply chain network, Venice will be Australasia's largest "virtual
marketplace" and represents a new venture for Advantage, automating and
managing business purchasing.

Advantage's first partner in the portal is the Blue Star Group. Subsidiary
companies will place their entire catalogues on Venice, giving business
customers online access to a wide range of goods and services including
office products and business consumables. Furthermore, Blue Star Group has
agreed to take a significant equity position in the venture...."

Thanks

Benjamin Dutton