Re: [sharechat] FRO /LKO / Tech stocks

From: Nigel McCarter <n.mccarter@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 20:07:11 +1300

At 09:27 AM 2/26/00 +1300, you wrote:
>I think people have to be a little more sophisticated and selective. I
>don't think
>anyone has ever said all tech stocks are all going to go down the drain at
>once.
>What has been said is that a good number of them, even most, are going to
>deflate

I think that is the point Hugh.  No-one can claim that all tech stocks are
a waste of time. The problem is in distinguishing a future microsoft. With
LKO and FRO we have two contrasting stocks, for which there is no
sophisticated means of being selective.  Except that one has a real
product, the other has promise.
You pays you money, you takes your choice.

Nigel

PS to my irritation I sold Advantage at about $2.60, because I couldn't
(and still can't) see how they propose to turn a dollar

Nigel McCarter

Shorten the Odds
The Short Portfolio
Box 23 019 Hamilton