Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] ITC in US

From: "Adam Rands" <adam@iguana.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:11:46 +1100

I think this was based on the ASX and the NASDAQ systems being integrated
(at some level) in the near future. This would allow both exchanges to trade
each others listings.

My understanding is the ASX and NASDAQ  are still investigating this
opportunity and will present a discussion paper outlining what technical,
business and legal  issues have to resolved before such trading could
commence . This discussion paper is overdue by about 6 months.

A recent article in the paper (think it was the AFR) said that the ASX were
too busy listing dot.com companies which has drawn their focus away from the
Nasdaq development.

Shame really..

<bitch>
I guess this is the start of globalization on the exchange front.. This
spells big trouble for the NZSE as they dont appear to be very interested in
making themselves or their listed companies more accessible to the average
punter....
</bitch>

Cheers

Adam