Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] NZSE etc. etc.

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:29:22 +1300

1hr delayed
<Picture: advertisement>

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] NZSE etc. etc.

•Subject: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] NZSE etc. etc. •From: "Mike Hudson"
<mikehudson@clear.net.nz> •Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:17:21 +1300

Let us in on where this fabulous place in New Zealand is Mike & Tony.....

Naturally I'd like to make one or two comments on Mike's observations.
Firstly, May 1994 was near
the top of the market, about the only time the NZ second liners have had a
boom since 1987. I don't
know what the gross yield was off hand but I don't think it would have been
nearly as attractive as today.
I had a better experience, I bought HLG for $1.60 in October 1997 (not
recommended by any brokers at that time)
as a contrarian on the basis of gross yield, low debt, good management and
sold for $2.80 in April 1999 and
enjoyed some good dividends in between. The operative thing is to buy on
high gross yields and sell when
they have gone down due to the market rising. I wouldn't agree HLG is going
nowhere - I have seen brokers
 recommending it not too long ago partly because its now got a good
beachhead in Melbourne and is opening
more shops in Oz. Unlike the property shares it has full imputation.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] NZSE etc. etc. Phil Eriksen