Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: [sharechat] FLP: large trade

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:28:35 +1300

I notice in the paper today that a very large US paper company, Georgia
something, has just made a very large profit increase due to the recent
rise in paper prices. Given that FLP is very depressed because of past low
paper prices and its organisational limbo it must be a good punt as a
recovery stock if you believe that Rod Deane is capable of cutting the
Gordian knot of the FCL letter stocks.
There are risks that he can't and that the paper prices won't be sustained
and its all very cyclical but I'd give it better odds than Lotto or the TAB
as a medium term punt.

Disclosure: I don't own any and I won't be buying any as it doesn't fit my
personal investor profile but its an interesting thought.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] E*Trade Uk David Reid