Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 1999

Re: [sharechat] Techs vs the Rest

From: Phil Williams <philw@hyperactive.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 11:50:26 +1300

Thank you Mark, for taking the middle ground standpoint...

This is really what I was driving at yesterday... Techs are a huge part of the
market at present, and informed plays in the sector can give the kind of gains
you've just experienced. It's lunacy to ignore them.

Congratulations on your success with Finsbury.

Further on this debate, you won't see those of us who invest in tech "bagging"
good regular shares like RestBrands, Warehouse, or AMP Office... it seems
however that to some "traditional" investors, a gain through price increase is
somehow inferior
to one paid as a dividend...??
Here's a bit of self evident logic...
If you sell a tech and lock it in - it's still a gain! Often a very good one. :)
Just a thought ;)

Happy Holidays, everyone

Phil Williams

Animation/Media Design