Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 1999

RE: [sharechat] SKY TV

From: "Talacek, Philip " <pjt57@elec.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:51:19 +1300

So long as Sky has the rights to the rugby and cricket any other pay TV
operator can only have a very small niche roll in a market the size of NZ.
Sky also has a huge lead in experience in operations and marketing of pay
television.  Given these facts I would say that Sky will have an effective
monopoly as long as they can hold on to the afore mentioned sports.