Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 1999

Re: [sharechat] Air N.Z.

From: james chamley <james.chamley@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 12:06:34 +1300

APB wrote:

> One interesting rumour is that Air New Zealand were so keen to buy
> half of Ansett aussie that they agreed to cover all of the losses made
> by Ansett New Zealand. So Newscorp gave Ansett NZ management an
> unlimited budget to tackle the pilots, and may have clocked up over
> $20 plus million in losses (which will come from Air New Zealand
> pockets!)

To add fuel to that fire I had also heard that Air NZ were carrying all
the rebooked pax from Ansett for gratis during the strike as it was in
their best interests to undermine the ALPA position with its own
contract negotiations coming up??  All rumour of course but
Machiavellian to be interesting.

Ansett are still not back flying 100% as many of the pilots are out of
currency