Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 1999

Re: [sharechat] Last word on managed funds!

From: "Colin S Pannell" <colin_s_pannell@email.mobil.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:54:54 +1300

Mark,

I think an experience shared is one extra piece of knowledge to help
participants in sharechat make informed decisions.

Fund Managers are great when the funds are performing well.  When they go bad
and wrong, contact points at funds are less willing to return calls and admit
they "stuffed up".  They go quiet and waffle on about long-term investments.
Sure the funds might pick up in 5 - 7 years time, but most of us have bills to
pay in the next few months.  Now, even when I do "stuff up" on the markets, it
makes me feel totally accountable and "in control".

cheers, Colin