Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 1999

Re: [sharechat] Trading shares in UK

From: "David Reid" <aspex@ix.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:11:56 +1200

Thanks for the broker information, which as you can probably appreciate CS
is well known. One group of active UK and expatriate UK investors have
placed CS as only average performers in meeting their needs.
 To me, unless I get timely and accurate information about the whole range
of 1700+ share available on the main board, I am not able to trade
successfully.
I certainly would not be interested in staying with the FTSE100 or the
investment trusts for which daily pricing is available in the NZ Herald more
than a day after I can download results overnight.
What is more I can get trading at only 15 minute delay or in one case real
time quotes from the internet broker.
What I am really after, is a feel about how others who are investing in UK
get adequate data.
David Reid