Thursday 20th November 2008
|Text too small?|
The decision to tap shareholders for more funds comes after the manufacturer last month cut its annual sales forecast citing a drop in demand for luxury goods.
The global economic slump has hit the market for top-end vessels, with so-called super-yachts in Monaco being offered for sale at knock-down prices as their owners see a slump in the value of other assets.
Sealegs gave no details of its placement and will make a further statement shortly, the company said today.
It expects sales will be in a range of NZ$11 million to NZ$15 million in the year ending March 31, down from a previous forecast of NZ$18 million. It is predicting a full-year operating loss for the year because of a "sudden and significant reduction in the rate of new orders," chief executive David McKee Wright said last month.
Shares of the company were unchanged at 14 cents and have tumbled 50% in the past month.
No comments yet
Sealegs ekes out full-year profit, raising prices as volume of boats sold slips
Sealegs narrows first-half loss on sales of more profitable models
Sealegs narrows FY loss on rising sales, lower marketing spend
Mark Broadley becomes Sealegs' chief executive
Mauritius investor pumps in new capital for 40% of Sealegs
Sealegs, amphibious boatmaker, sails on to first ever profit; shares soar
Sealegs turns the corners with latest export shipment
Sealegs projects weaker revenue for 2010
Daily ShareChat: Sealegs